The 9-day Novena to the Divine Mercy is so powerful that it can be prayed to:
- Ask for the forgiveness of sins;
- Ask for God's Mercy and Compassion;
- Ask for special blessings and graces;
- Intercede for our families, loved ones and friends;
- Intercede for all mankind and the whole world.
Jesus has reveled to St. Faustina His promise to those who will pray the 9-day Novena to His Mercy.
By this Novena, I will grant every possible grace to souls.
--- St. Faustina Diary, 796
The Divine Mercy Novena is also referred to as Novena of Chaplets. That is because, in each day, devotees offer a Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the novena intention.
Therefore, together with the graces and blessing one can get by praying the Novena, they can also get graces and blessings for praying the Chaplet to the Divine Mercy if they offer it for the intentions of the day.
Divine Mercy Chaplet Promises